Princess Persnickety's New Shoes

Anna, aka Princess Persnickety, had worn out her shoes. Mere days away from duct-tape worn out. It was time to buy some more.

My friends, shopping with Anna is not a task for the faint of heart.

To prepare for this arduous journey, we began with a hearty meal at the Cracker Barrel. This dining selection was the result of the clever marketing campaign that sends coupons for free kids meals home with good report cards. Since fourth graders don't go out to eat alone, one $4 kids meal sucks in an entire family.

Ingenious. I'll have to make sure my restaurant copies this program.

Alyssa ate all her meal and half of mine. Our waitress got a tip bump for preventing Anna from pouring cider vinegar on her pancakes (thinking it was syrup). I was dismayed to find that
Weatherford still allows restaurants with smoking sections.

Once we were fully energized, we began the quest for shoes. I won't bore you with details, but it involved four stores, and at least a dozen pairs of shoes tried on and rejected. We finally found some Reeboks that worked.

These Reeboks are the same shoes that Kara has worn exclusively for at least the last 12 years, so they must be doing something right. Anna's shoes are only 4 sizes smaller than her mom's, though. This is sure to cause some confusion. They both store their shoes in the same place, too - "somewhere in the house." (And seemingly never the same place twice.)

To celebrate our successful hunt we got some ice cream at Wal-Mart and picked up a Wiggles video for Andrew's birthday tomorrow, as well as a couple of other things. We went to the self checkout as usual, and I let the girls scan everything. I usually do it myself when there are people waiting behind us, but last night I let the girls take all the time they wanted to.

It's not that I had anything against the young couple behind us. It's just that I wanted to see if they would ever figure out that there were three other self-serve checkouts with nobody using them.

They didn't.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Canoe-Paddling Polynesian Guys

Lyme Disease Awareness: Kara's Story

Guavalicious Contest Rules