When we first moved into our home back in 2006, we spent painfully large sums of time and money remodeling in order to remove and replace things Kara was allergic to - things like carpet, pine, and medium-density fiberboard.
Once that work was done, we pretty much left everything alone, except when a major crisis forced our hand. (See the posts tagged Home Improvement for the complete saga.)
Recently, however, we have been making a few small changes that we want to make.
A couple of months ago, we painted the living room a rich, milk-chocolate shade of brown and replaced the curtains. And yesterday, we finally hung some cut vinyl patterns that we made, based on traditional Hawaiian quilt patterns.
Take a look at the result: