Sunday, October 12, 2008

Tag # 3 - Six Quirky Things

My friend Stephanie tagged me, and I'm supposed to list six unspectacular things about me.

Here are the rules:

Link to me in your post.
Mention the rules on your blog.
List six unspectacular quirks about yourself.
Tag six other bloggers by linking them.

...and have fun.

  1. I have a thing about accuracy in books and movies. I don't care how good the plot, when something glaringly impossible happens (like when Percy Jackson climbs out the back door of a Camaro) I get very upset.
  2. I'm a bit of a blog stalker, particularly when it comes to people in and around Laie and BYU-Hawaii. This is in connection with the book I'm writing, which is set in Laie. I've been back a couple of times since moving from Hawaii in '92, but it doesn't look like I'll be going back before I hope to submit this book, and I need to make sure I'm as accurate as I can be.
  3. I bake cookies every Sunday. At least, I have for the last month or so. This is a good family activity, and gives us good snacks to send with the girls in their lunches.
  4. My medication has robbed me of most of my patience. I'm trying - really, really trying - to remain even-headed through this treatment, but my "angry voice" comes out much more quickly than I would like to admit.
  5. I have four and a half times as many computers as children. It's true! 9 computers, but only three are fully functional - one for me, one for Kara, and one for the girls. One is older than my two kids put together.
  6. In my job, I occasionally work with a guy who sounds just like the aardvark in those old The Ant and the Aardvark cartoons. I have to work extra hard not to laugh whenever he talks.

4 comments:

Kim said...

You are so dating our age!!! I love those cartoons! My 14 year old just watched that with me, and said "those are better cartoons then what we have today". "yes,son, i would have to agree" I am really enjoying getting to know the "all grown up" Don Carey through your blogs. Thanks for the entertainment from a fellow blog stalker. Now i just have to be much better at writing on my own lonely neglected blog!

Liz said...

ok, don, none of those "quirks" listed were unspectacular. not a single one! all completely interesting and entertaining. had no idea about the book topic and i'm excited for it to come out. fun.

Stephanie Humphreys said...

I'd have never believed anyone could have a real voice like that. Too funny. I'd have a hard time not laughing. Thanks for playing.

ali said...

No way! He talks like THAT! I would totally NOT be able to keep my giggles in! At first I didn't think I knew that cartoon, but then when I watched it I totally remembered it! Good times, good times.

Hey, I'm sorry to hear about your medical woes. Glad you're feeling a tad better now. Maybe ANGRY VOICE can take a vacation now too.