Spending Time With Jenny

Last night I had the opportunity to go to bed early. Sure, there were still countless tasks to be done, but nothing so urgent that it couldn't wait another day, or two, or three.

Going to bed early would have probably been a good idea. But I didn't. Instead I stayed up late with Jenny.


No, no, no. Not the girl. Her name is Mari, I think. No, Jenny is the ukulele.

Now, I didn't stay up all that late. I'm not really very good, and I don't know that many songs. But I'm good enough that I can enjoy listening to myself play, and the music really makes me feel better.

It was an eclectic concert, covering songs by
Toto, Helen Reddy, Israel Kamakawiwao'ole, Alphaville, Hapa, Linda Ronstadt, and, of course, Elvis.

Comments

Tristi Pinkston said…
You had me a little worried there for a minute, Don . . .
Don said…
Just practicing plot twist set-up and delivery. I'll count this one as a success. :-)

Popular posts from this blog

Canoe-Paddling Polynesian Guys

Lyme Disease Awareness: Kara's Story

Guavalicious Contest Rules