A Bad Case of Upinthenightis


I stayed up much later than I should have last night, trying to make a dent in the ever-growing to-do list.

The real problem, though, is that when I was finally ready to go to sleep, Anna was still awake - nearly three hours after I put the girls in bed. She was trying to go to sleep, but the fact that she couldn't made her very upset, and being upset kept her awake, which made her more upset, which - well, you get the picture.

So more than an hour after I should have gotten into my bed, I found myself instead in Anna's bed, rubbing her back and singing lullabies.

I did snooze a bit in Anna's bed, maybe for an hour or so, but a pile of stuffed animals makes for a mighty poor pillow. In all it was nearly 01:00 when I finally got into my bed. Since reveille sounds at 05:30, that made for a very short night.

Prudence says I should climb back in bed for an hour or so, and I think I just might try it.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Canoe-Paddling Polynesian Guys

Lyme Disease Awareness: Kara's Story

Guavalicious Contest Rules