Figuring Out the Thingey

OK. I'm a computer guy. Started doing computers back in the early '70s, when each byte mattered and floppy disks were cutting edge (and really truly floppy). I have a degree in computers, and have worked in the computer industry for fifteen years.

With all of this background, I was ashamed that other bloggers (people of, shall we say, less technical pedigrees) had cool widget thingies on their blogs updating their writing progress, and I didn't.

Worse was the excuse I gave myself - "I don't know how to do it."

I finally responded with my favorite answer to this classic cop-out - "Have you tried to figure it out?"

Until now, the answer was "no."

But the girls are off playing, and dinner is in the oven. There's not enough time to mow the lawn and I'm not up for cleaning the bathroom. I have five minutes, so I had better figure it out.

Look! There it is, off to the right. My four day Book In A Month Challenge summary.

Now let's see if I can figure out how to update it tomorrow.

Comments

Tristi Pinkston said…
It's pretty simple -- just go into layout, click on that element, and then click on "edit" on the line you want to update.

(Or maybe I should have let you figure it out . . . insert evil laugh here. :) )

Popular posts from this blog

Canoe-Paddling Polynesian Guys

Lyme Disease Awareness: Kara's Story

Guavalicious Contest Rules