The Great Birthday Cake Disaster of 2007

Days like this I'm tempted to swear. Honestly I am.

In preparation for the big birthday party double header tomorrow, I spent my evening making a couple of chocolate cakes. Everything was going along just great, until one of the cake pans decided that it no longer wanted to hold all of the batter, and allowed a large dollop to jump out, right onto the heating element.

The result was a large quantity of smoke, as seen in the simulated image above.

Since smoke is one of the many, many things that makes Kara sick, I tried to minimize the smoke by getting out as much of the spilled batter as I could. In the end, however, the effort was futile. The house is full of smoke, Kara is out on the patio, and the cakes -still raw in the middle - are headed for the dumpster.

It will undoubtedly be several hours before the house is clear enough that Kara can come inside for bed, which will put us well into tomorrow morning.

Maybe I can frost a couple of cardboard boxes. Kids only eat ice cream anyway, right?

Comments

Tristi Pinkston said…
So what did you decide to do?

Popular posts from this blog

Canoe-Paddling Polynesian Guys

Lyme Disease Awareness: Kara's Story

Guavalicious Contest Rules