A Sauna Update


It's been a while since I've written about the sauna, so I thought I would give a quick update.

The previous efforts seem to have paid off. Kara is now using our sauna five days a week. (The other two days she's in Dallas.) It's not perfect, and if it runs for too long before she is able to get in, the terps build up to a point that it is a problem. But for the most part, it's working OK for her.


I was very relieved to notice that the her increased sauna use the last few months has not caused our power bill to go up (or stay the same - January just about killed me!) The sauna seems to be much more efficient than what I had feared.

Still, in order to make the most of the electricity use, I've started taking advantage of the left over thermal energy by taking a quick sauna myself when Kara is done. After she turns off the heater, it is still plenty hot (160) to get me sweating right off the bat.

It's supposed to help one loose weight. Kara says I really stink when I'm done, which is a good thing. Better to rinse all that stinky stuff right down the drain.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Canoe-Paddling Polynesian Guys

Lyme Disease Awareness: Kara's Story

Guavalicious Contest Rules