A Good Easter Weekend

Despite being unseasonably cold, we had a great weekend. Saturday was every bit as busy as predicted. I went to the storage unit and filled the truck. It will probably take me several weeks to get the boxes all emptied out, but I wanted to bring home as much as I could. We still have stuff in three units, and my goal is to get that trimmed down to 2 before we have to pay rent again at the end of the month.

Kara worked hard at getting things ready for Easter. She spent quite a bit of time in the kitchen boiling eggs and baking. The girls had a great time doing the easter eggs this year. We made 15, and there are only 5 left! I think this will be the first year we won't have to throw a bunch of boiled eggs away.

The easter bunny was good to the girls this year. Each got a puzzle and a computer game and some socks. A little bit of chocolate, too.

Kara made blueberry bunny pancakes for breakfast. Yum! She also made a delicious trifle for dessert, and she made the pudding from scratch. It turned out excellent!

As promised, here is a picture of the girls in their Easter dresses. As you can see, I was able to talk them into long sleeves. Anna's talk at church was extremely good. My talk was passable. It could have been really good if I had only spent half as much time on it as I did working on Anna's.

Alyssa decided that she wanted to talk, too, so I took her up to the podium. She shuffled some papers and her scriptures, but didn't actually say anything. Oh, well. At least she was interested, and she didn't freak out at the sight of the audience like I thought she would.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Canoe-Paddling Polynesian Guys

Lyme Disease Awareness: Kara's Story

Guavalicious Contest Rules