Good Friday and Busy Saturday

Yesterday was Good Friday, and it was a good day around here. The girls still had school, I still had work, and Kara was still at the clinic, but by the end of the day we were all together and everyone was in a pretty good mood.

Kara and I have both had the feeling that we were on the verge of some big improvements in her health, and this last trip to the clinic brought some results that tell us we may be right. She told me she feels better than she has in a long, long time. I hope this new high point is just the start of many great improvements.

Yesterday was movie night. I didn't have a chance to go and rent the new "Charlotte's Web", so we decided to just watch something that we already had at home. As it got later, I opted for something a little shorter - the old Rankin-Bass "Here Comes Peter Cottontail."

We've had this for several years, and the girls didn't really like it that much, but I didn't want to watch anything longer than an hour, so I got Alyssa excited about watching a movie with the Easter Bunny in it. To my surprise, Anna didn't complain about the selection, either.

It was fun to watch this together as a family. It reminded me of being a child, excited for whatever holiday was coming up. And since there was no such thing as home video back in those days, we had one shot at watching the special holiday shows. If we missed them, we were out of luck for a whole year. So my sisters and I would scour the TV listings, making sure we knew when our favorite specials were coming on.

Now we scour the isles at Wal-Mart, looking for the shows from our youth, and our kids watch them until they're bored and then ask for something new.

But I digress. Alyssa, of course, fell asleep before old Irontail had won the easter egg contest, and so I suggested that since she wasn't watching we could put in something else. Both Anna and Kara quickly said "No." So maybe two years in storage has made this video a little more interesting.

Today is set to be a busy day. Kara and the girls are going to decorate eggs and make flowers out of toilet paper rolls.
I have to shop for our Easter dinner, and then go to the storage unit and find easter baskets, etc. And I need to shop for some long sleeve shirts to go under the girl's Easter dresses. Instead of the roasty, toasty Easter I was expecting, it's going to be quite a chilly one.

In fact, when I got up this morning, it was snowing. OK, Canada. You can keep the rest of your air, thank you.

Sometime in all of this I have to prepare my Priesthood lesson and finish up two Sacrament Meeting talks (one for me and one for Anna).

I think I'll use a large chocolate bunny as a visual aid...

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Canoe-Paddling Polynesian Guys

Lyme Disease Awareness: Kara's Story

Guavalicious Contest Rules