Return of the Crunch

One way to get a project done is to ask for help. I don't know if this is the best, or quickest, or easiest way, but it is one way. There's a spot on my Y chromosome that tries to prevent me from asking, but I've learned that when someone is scheduled to come and help, it's much harder to procrastinate a task.

Plus I've watched enough AFV to realize that, deluded as I am, there are some jobs that require some help.

Like jobs involving electricity.

Tomorrow night my home teacher is coming with his electrical fish tape to help me with Home Improvement Phase XLII, also known as "The Stinky Sucky Office Project." This is where I attempt to keep the necessary but problematic computer/monitor/printer odors from escaping the office and drifting through an otherwise (mostly) clean house, as the do now.

To accomplish this goal, I have purchased the Great-Aunt of All Exhaust Fans and will install it to vent the air out to the world. This will create negative pressure in the office, and air will only flow from the house to the office.

All of the work involved in putting this fan in, and making sure I'm ready to do it at the appointed hour tomorrow, has put me in a bit of crunch mode.

Major moment of revelation! OK, I know this blogging thing is good for me, because it makes me think things through. In my mind, I heard your questions about why I don't just put a fan in the window. After all, the office has a double window, and the window AC only takes up one side.

I have thought of this before, and the problem is I don't want to push the stinky air out only to suck it back in again with the AC, which I thought was going to have fresh air draw. But as I discovered after I put it in, the AC does not have a fresh air draw, which means I can use a window fan instead of a ceiling exhaust fan.

Do you know what this means? I can implement
The Stinky Sucky Office Project without running wire, cutting holes in walls, ceilings, and roofs, and with equipment that costs less than one fourth of the exhaust fan and wire and ductwork.

And I can do it myself!

Stay tuned. I'm on my way to Lowe's to pick one up and give it a try right now!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Canoe-Paddling Polynesian Guys

Lyme Disease Awareness: Kara's Story

Guavalicious Contest Rules