A Delusional Update

Winter has returned to North Texas. After hitting 74 on Wednesday, we were lucky to get to 47 on Thursday. Today there is fog and drizzle, and it's just the kind of day that makes me glad my commute is exclusively an indoor affair.

I just hope Kara's drive to Dallas is uneventful. She says the truck drives like a dream now that she's had it tuned up, but I'll have to take her word on it for now. I was going to take it to the church last night for Alyssa's "Great to be Eight" primary activity, since I thought it would just be the two of us. But Anna was asked to help out in the nursery, so I just took the car.

The truck is a '94 Ford Ranger Extended Cab with jump seats, so there's room for all four of us if needed. But when it's just the three of us I prefer the car, because the girl's always fight about who gets to sit in front with me. If I put them both in the back, where they sit facing each other, then they fight just because they can.

After two days of use, the jury is still out on the sauna improvements. The glass panels are making a big difference, but it's hard to tell if it is enough. One of the features of this sauna is a far-infrared heater unit, which is housed in a little poplar cabinet. Kara relies on this heater, but it is now the smelliest part of the sauna. I can't really wrap it in glass, so I think what I'll do is wait until later this week when the sun returns, and set it outside during the day.

The sun is great at forcing out chemicals, natural and otherwise. I'm starting to think that solar chemical removal will be one of the few advantages of having a long Texas summer.

Another advantage will be that tall, skinny Anna can wear shorts and put away her high-water pants. You know, the ones that came down to the ankle last September but now stop about four inches too soon. And since the waist is still a little loose, the next size up is not an option. Besides, Anna ranks shopping for clothes right up there with a trip to the dentist.

Yes, shorts will be nice.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Canoe-Paddling Polynesian Guys

Lyme Disease Awareness: Kara's Story

Guavalicious Contest Rules