Here we go again

Despite my best efforts, Alyssa's cough has come back with vigor. I'm sure it's allergy related, as all twenty million people here in Texas have a cough or runny nose right now. We rode bikes on Monday, and yesterday we walked to the museum and back, so there was ample opportunity to breathe large quantities of pollen. The weather has been just perfect - sunny and mid-70s - so there was no way we could stay inside.

But this morning Alyssa coughed enough to throw up - twice - and so I'm keeping her home, at least for a while. Fortunately, her coughing fit didn't start until 5:45, so I was already up and getting their lunches ready. I'll keep my eye on her, and if her cough subsides, as I suspect it will, then I'll cart her off to school. Kara's home today, so she can help with Alyssa, but the girl really needs to be at school if she can. She's certainly not acting like someone who is sick, which means she'll be trouble in a couple of hours.

I've got a full day ahead of me. I'm scheduled to go to Alabama next week, and I need to have a printer driver ready to test by then. I don't see it being a problem, but it's one of those hard and fast deadlines that doesn't allow much flexibility. So Alyssa had better act sick, or she's outta here.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Canoe-Paddling Polynesian Guys

Lyme Disease Awareness: Kara's Story

Guavalicious Contest Rules