The Many Adventures of Man-Man

Man-Man is a superhero. But he's more than just any superhero. To Alyssa, he is every superhero - Superman; Batman; Mr. Incredible. Tonight, Man-Man is Spider-Man, and he's on Alyssa's new shoes.

Why does a sweet little girl have Spider-Man shoes? I guess you can thank her male cousins for that. These shoes are the same size as her Thomas shoes (which also came from the boy's department), but they allow for quite a bit more room top to bottom, which is what Alyssa needs.


On an entirely different note, tonight is the annual recognition dinner for the Angel Flight West Utah Wing. Saying good-bye to that great group was one of the hardest things I've ever had to do. I can honestly say that the people in Angel Flight were the best bunch I've ever had the privilege of working with, and I miss them almost as much as family. Thanks, guys.

I've been able to bury myself in the work that I'm doing here in Texas, and wrap myself up in a layer of delusion to maintain a happy face for everyone (including myself) to see. But every once in a while I'm reminded just how much I've chosen to give up, and I allow myself a few minutes of sadness. But only a few.

I know our choice to move was the right one, as hard as it may have been. I believe it was only through divine intervention that I was able to make the move without cracking up completely. Things are coming together here, although not as quickly as I had hoped. But they are most certainly coming together.

And that, I believe, is more than just a delusion.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Canoe-Paddling Polynesian Guys

Lyme Disease Awareness: Kara's Story

Guavalicious Contest Rules