Passive Aggression

While running errands yesterday, I found myself at the grocery store. After buying the things we needed (and a few that we didn't), Alyssa and I made our way back to the car.

I was extremely annoyed to discover that a minivan had taken the spot next to ours, and the driver (who will remain free of adjectives because I'm trying to watch my language) had parked at such an angle that their rear passenger tire was completely inside our spot, and there was no way I could have backed out straight without hitting them.

I toyed with the idea of backing
out straight anyway, but I had every reason to believe that our car would receive the greater damage. Deflating the tires was considered, but with my luck such a discourteous driver (oops, that's an adjective, isn't it) would probably also be inattentive, and they would get on the freeway, lose control, and roll the van into a school bus.

So I opted for opening Alyssa's door hard. Really hard. Then, since it was difficult to get the door open very far, I bumped it while getting Alyssa in her seat. Then bumped it again. And again.

I closed Alyssa's door and took a second to admire my work. I was disappointed to see that the resulting scratch-and-dent would probably never get noticed. It was plenty big - the biggest on that side of the van. But it was also just one among many.

As I sat down in the driver's seat, I thought again about deflating a tire (I could have done it while sitting in the car) but decided that I needed to let go and move on.

Move on so I could get home and write a blog about it.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Canoe-Paddling Polynesian Guys

Lyme Disease Awareness: Kara's Story

Guavalicious Contest Rules