Becoming Legal At Last

Prompted by the fact that the truck's Utah plates expire in 14 hours, I have finally made the leap and gotten it registered in Texas. While I was at it, I got my Texas driver's license, too. A few days past the required 30, but that's all behind me now.

Let me tell you, I was shocked - SHOCKED! - at how smoothly this whole process unfolded. The total time for this little adventure was 75 minutes. That includes filling out forms at not one, but two government agencies, thirty miles of driving, and a clandestine stop at a convenience store for a bottle of liquid stamina.

The only real downside to this whole thing is that I had to give up my Utah license, which had a much better picture than I could ever take now. This is due to 20 lbs of stress baggage that, while no longer growing, isn't yet shrinking as it should. (Sigh)

I also chose not to get the motorcycle endorsement on this license. It was an extra $15, and that's just more than I was willing to pay for something that provides little more than vanity at the moment.

However, if they would have offered to transfer my old picture to the new license, I would have paid $30 for that.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Canoe-Paddling Polynesian Guys

Lyme Disease Awareness: Kara's Story

Guavalicious Contest Rules