Delusion With a Fake French Accent

Near the end of "The Pink Panther" (the 1963 original), Inspector Clouseau is being cross examined in the trial of The Phantom.

"How much does a police inspector get paid? Enough to buy your wife a $10,000 mink coat?"

"No, of course not."

Then "We know for a fact your wife spent at least $30,000 on clothes during the past year."

To which, in all sincerity Clouseau deludedly replies "Sir, my wife is very frugal. She saves out of the housekeeping money."

This little exchange cracks me up every time I hear it. Unfortunately, it sounds an awful lot like my plan for the summer.

Somehow I'm going to keep two little girls entertained all day while fulfilling my obligations to my employer, keeping up with a house in perpetual remodel, and maintaining an acre lot with a battery-powered push mower. All of this is in addition to sleeping a full eight hours every night, spending quality time with my wife, and taking a few hours each week, just for me.

I'm going to do this by frugally scheduling my time.

I'll let you know how it goes.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Canoe-Paddling Polynesian Guys

Lyme Disease Awareness: Kara's Story

Guavalicious Contest Rules