Blame it on Allergies

It's a quarter past seven, and both girls are sound asleep in their beds.

I'm not surprised by Alyssa. Taking a nap just in time for dinner has been one of her favorite tricks for quite a while now.

But Anna, that's another story. She stayed home from school today with a low-grade fever and a general not-feeling-well sensation. Her nose is a little runny, and there's a little congestion in her chest, but not really much more than that.

I've also had a bad case of the grumpies - the kind usually reserved for when I'm 2-3 hours short of sleep every night. But I've slept well the last few weeks, meaning I've gone to bed on time. I really don't feel sleepy. Just tired and run down and ambivalent and apathetic.

Fortunately, Kara made plans to stay home this week when I thought I would be going to the southern hemisphere, and even though I'm not traveling she's decided to stay home most of the week, anyway. Which was a big help today with Anna.

I'm hoping it's just allergies. I've concluded that some very interesting (and not necessarily pleasant) experiences I had last time we lived in Texas were probably allergic reactions to the many microscopic things that fly around in the air. Experiences like dizzy spells and panic attacks, which went away when we moved and never came back during the ten years we lived in Utah.

At least this time around, we know an allergy doctor.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Canoe-Paddling Polynesian Guys

Lyme Disease Awareness: Kara's Story

Guavalicious Contest Rules