That's Gonna Leave a Scar

I injured myself this morning. Sharp pain and blood everywhere.

You see, today's the first day in a long time that isn't threatening rain. And with the arrival of Ike tomorrow, I saw this as my one and only chance to get the lawn mowed.

Fortunately, this isn't a lawnmower injury.

You see, the lawnmower is out of gas. Well, almost. And with the arrival of Ike tomorrow, we might just have a need to finally take our Y2K generator out of the box. So I needed to go to the gas station and fill up the gas can.

Fortunately, this isn't a gasoline injury.

You see, the gas can is in the back yard, and to get to it I had to go through the gate. Unfortunately, due to all of the rain we've had the ground has swelled and the gate was a little hard to push.

I was using my left shoulder to get a little extra leverage, when the gate hit an extra swelled part of the ground, which caused the gate to stop moving, which caused my head to bang into the gate, which caused my glasses to jump from my face, but not before the temple of the frames dug into the temple of my head.

So there I was in the pre-dawn light, blood running down the side of my face, and me searching the ground for my glasses like Velma from Scooby-Do.

Fortunately, I found my glasses and stopped the bleeding with a couple of napkins. The gash is about 3/4 of an inch long, and much deeper than I would expect for a low-impact collision with a garden gate.

We now return to our regularly scheduled tasks.

Comments

Serious Sam said…
Ouch! Post a picture? :)
wendy said…
Yikes! I'm glad you found your glasses and they weren't broken. Mowing the lawn with duck taped glasses would have been a bummer.

stay safe!

Popular posts from this blog

Canoe-Paddling Polynesian Guys

Lyme Disease Awareness: Kara's Story

Guavalicious Contest Rules