The Rescue

For today's post I'm going to retell an old story that recently came back to mind.

The rains fell and the water rose, and soon rivers raged through the streets. An old man, devout in his beliefs, sat on his porch watching as his neighbors were evacuated in row boats. One of the boats stopped in front of his house, and a would be rescuer called for him to get on board.

"No, thank you. I have faith that the Lord will save me."

Soon the water had filled the first floor of his home, and the man now stood on the porch roof. A much larger boat powered by, and quickly turned around to approach the man. Again he refused help, stating "I will wait here. I know that the Lord will save me."

Eventually the man was forced on to the roof of his home. A large red and white helicopter rumbled toward his house, a ladder swinging beneath. "Grab on," came a voice from the chopper. "Grab on before it's too late."

But the man shook his head and waved the pilot away. God would save him, he had no doubt.

Within an hour, the man had drowned.

Standing before the judgment bar, he knelt before the Lord and asked "Why, oh why, in my hour of need, did you forsake me and leave me to die?"

Came the loving reply - "I sent you two boats and a helicopter. What more did you want?"

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Canoe-Paddling Polynesian Guys

Lyme Disease Awareness: Kara's Story

Guavalicious Contest Rules