How Een

We've survived. Hooray! Happy Halloween, everyone. Or as Alyssa would say, "How Een."

This is the first year in a long, long time that I haven't carved a pumpkin. I got a couple for the kids, but both girls wanted to paint them. This fit my schedule nicely, as painting is much faster than carving, and requires much less supervision.

We were supposed to paint our pumpkins last night, but due to circumstances beyond our control, that project got postponed until today. I blocked out 40 minutes between school and Anna's acting class, and the girls got the job done.

After Anna's class, we came home and had pizza. I was going to do the rest of the Shepherd's Brain Pie for dinner, but it all got eaten at lunch time.

My plan for tonight was to not go Trick-or-Treating, but I caved in just a little and let the girls go to two houses. This was more out of pity for our poor neighbors as anything else. You see, we sat around watching old Halloween videos for two whole hours and only saw one group of about five kids.

It's a quiet neighborhood anyway, much more rural than urban. Most of the kids that are in the neighborhood all get together and go on a hay ride around the town. For some reason, they didn't stop at our house this year.

So we have a bowl full of pretzels and Play-Doh and pencils. Anna asked "What are we going to do with all of this stuff?"

"Well," I said, "you will most likely be getting little bags of pretzels in your lunch boxes for the next little while." I then added "Who knows - maybe I'll send some Play-Doh in your lunches, too."

"Ewwww," said Alyssa.

Comments

Annette Lyon said…
See, I should have thought of this, darnit. I ran out of time for the whole carving thing, so I decided we wouldn't have pumpkins. Should have broken out the paint.
Anonymous said…
We didn't do the pumpkin carving thing either. I meant to. I wanted to. I just couldn't do it. But we did get several hundred trick-or-treaters.

Could you donate the play doh to one of the girls' classes? I know at Christmastime Michelle's teachers always ask parents to send in things for the class goody bags. I guess you could donate it to Michelle's class. :)

Popular posts from this blog

Canoe-Paddling Polynesian Guys

Lyme Disease Awareness: Kara's Story

Guavalicious Contest Rules