Serve - Set - Spike!

This week's summer activity was volleyball for Anna. The local high school put on a "camp" two hours a day for pre-teen girls, and Anna said she would be interested.

I did not realize when I signed her up that she had never actually used a volleyball in its official capacity.

Didn't they play volleyball in PE? Apparently not. Unfortunately, I didn't find this out until I was walking her into the gym on Monday. Had I known this earlier, I could have given her a few pointers.


Now, clearly I'm no volleyball wizard (see evidence above) but volleyball is one of the few sports where I have enough confidence in my ability to take part in a pick-up game now and then, like this one last May at the Kahuku Class of '86 reunion. (It helped that everyone else was as old and decrepit as me.)

No matter, though. Anna had a good time, and at the end of the workshop she got a certificate as one of the most improved. And she got a new volleyball, so we can both get some practice.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Canoe-Paddling Polynesian Guys

Lyme Disease Awareness: Kara's Story

Guavalicious Contest Rules