Too Much Action for a Sunday

Today has been a fairly intense day. It started out when the alarm went off at 6:30, and I turned it off so I could sleep until 7:00 and didn't wake up until 7:58. Oops.

I managed to scurry around and get myself on the road by 8:35, which is the same time I usually start driving when I have to chase the girls around in the morning. It's also the departure time that gets us to church exactly 5 minutes late.

(Sigh) Can't blame the kids for that one.

Then while at church, I got a text from Kara informing me that what I thought was Alyssa's loose tooth turned out to be a loose crown, and the crown had fallen off.

Remember that the girls are visiting their grandparents. I felt terrible! But grandparents are full of experience and they capably handled this crisis on their end. Being in a small town and knowing the dentist personally, they were able to get the tooth looked at and treated, even on a Sunday.

We're busy trying to get ready for Kara's surgery tomorrow. We're planning on spending the night, just in case, packing clothes and other essentials.

And to top it all off, while getting ready for our surgery adventure, the phone rang.

It was the guinea pig lady. Yup, you guessed it: The guinea pigs came to our house a few days early. Click here for photos and the complete story.

Hopefully Anna doesn't start running towards home as soon as she sees the pictures...





Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Canoe-Paddling Polynesian Guys

Lyme Disease Awareness: Kara's Story

Guavalicious Contest Rules