I've been way behind on a lot of things lately, and this blog is no exception. Unfortunately, it's actually kind of the prime example of my behindedness. Which is too bad, because there has been a lot going on. For example:
- Wednesday night, smoke came billowing out of the garbage disposal. Thursday morning I gathered up bits and pieces from unfinished and abandoned projects and returned them to Home Depot for enough in-store credit to get a replacement.
- Friday afternoon Anna arrived at the house in tears, having brought her baritone home for the first time. Technically, what she has is a euphonium, and for a not-quite-eleven-year-old, it's a bit large. (See the comparison below) We bought her a luggage cart at Wal-Mart to haul the thing around. I could have used one of those during my tuba days...
- We've been getting the house ready for a new house guest. This may be a longer-term visitor. She's an LDS gal from Utah Kara met at the clinic. Her name is Cara (not to be confused with Kara my wife or Karra my sister).
- I'm trying hard to have a draft of my book done in time for my reader's group this Thursday. I'll be sending this to several other beta readers, so I really want it to be good.
- I need to do a review of Farworld: Water Keep and hold a contest to give away a copy to one of you! Stay tuned - I'm scheduled to do this at the end of August, and since it's the 31st, I have about 6 1/2 hours. I'll do it after dinner.