Report From the Front

I spent the night here at the hospital with Kara, so her mom could have a break. My mom is here to help with the girls, and she's going to bring them over this afternoon for a visit.

I haven't decided if I'm going stay here tonight or go home and help get the girls to school tomorrow. It's quite a morning routine, much like running down an icy hill. And there are two buses at the bottom.

The hospital experience has been a mixed bag so far. There are a lot of really good people here to help. As with nearly everyone in the "real" world, they all have fairly significant fragrances.

Kara's line is still in - there is a glimmer of hope that it can stay in. They aren't using it for her antibiotic or her electrolytes, though. For that she has a heplock - a short line in her arm.

She began reacting pretty bad to her saline and dextrose IV, but Jenny and I comforted her with songs, and she soon relaxed enough to sleep. We both slept as well as is possible with nurses coming in every 2 hours to check.

I ate a banana and stale raisin bran for breakfast, because they had put away the real breakfast in the cafeteria. I thought I was plenty early, but alas, I had not sprung my clock forward.

Don't even get me started on DST again...

Comments

Tristi Pinkston said…
My nine-year-old was asking me questions about DST the other day -- and I couldn't come up with the logical answers he was looking for. Yes, it's a pretty funky system.

And happy birthday, two days after yet eight years before mine!

(Don't think I'm not doing the math -- I know how old you are. Bwaahaahaaaa!)
Autumn said…
Stale raisin bran is the worst. My favorite cereal is Raisin Bran but NOT stale Raisin Bran.

I hate to brag...but I will get over my hate...since we live in Arizona we don't have to touch our clocks EVER. We had some really cool person in the govenment, way back whenever, decide that Arizona won't participate in DST! HAHAHAHA NEENER NEENER NEENER! {Though, I will admit we may as well have DST since every other flippin' state has too and the TV programs change with them. It's sad that the outside states don't cater to Arizona. If I were in government I'd demand it! hehe}

Popular posts from this blog

Canoe-Paddling Polynesian Guys

Lyme Disease Awareness: Kara's Story

Guavalicious Contest Rules