More Notes From the Trip

I should really be sleeping now, but I was awakened an hour ago and just can't get back to sleep. A perfect opportunity to blog!

Yesterday was the first day of the LDStorymakers Writer's Conference. I enjoyed the panels and workshops, but the highlight of the day was meeting some wonderful people that until then I had known only from the blogosphere. I had very nice visits with Tristi Pinkston, Candace Salima, Autumn Ables, Marsha Ward, Marcia Mickelson, Stephanie Humphries, Shirley Bahlmann, Rachael Ann Nunes, Janette Rallison, Annette Lyon, plus quite a few others wonderful people whom I met for the first time.

I took my camera, but it never came out of my bag the whole 13 hours I was there. Bad, bad delusional blogger! I will repent and do better today.

The girls had a lot of fun playing with their cousins. Alyssa was recovering well from her sixth tooth extraction, which occurred on Wednesday. Poor little mouth! She and Auntie Noreen spent some nice quality time together, the results of which are recorded in a photo on my Palm and will be shared as soon as I find my hot sync cable.

Kara is continuing to make progress with her new treatment. She is scheduled to be done with PPN now, and has been given the green light to eat a little bit of "real food" along with her liquid nutrition. No word yet on when she'll be leaving the hospital.

It's hard to believe that we'll be on the road headed home tomorrow. It's been a great but busy trip, and I have no clue how I'll get everything ready to leave by then.

But I'm sure we'll manage. That's what delusion is about, after all.

Comments

Tristi Pinkston said…
Oh, that is a poor mouth!

It was so great to meet you in person, Don. I wish we'd had more time to spend talking -- that was the only sad part.
It was very good to meet you in person. What a great conference! Hope you guys make it home safely.

Popular posts from this blog

Canoe-Paddling Polynesian Guys

Lyme Disease Awareness: Kara's Story

Guavalicious Contest Rules