How I Survived My Summer Vacation - Day 3

Wednesday gave me a glimmer of hope that this summer thing just might work out. Kara was here, so that helped some. I've decided that Anna's number 1 job is to play with Alyssa. That won't be all she does, but if she can do that for several hours a day, it will be the biggest help to me.

They are both spending a fair bit of time in the office with me on their computers. Anna does her Webkinz and NeoPets and Club Penguin things, and Alyssa plays Bugdom. It's a fun game that came with our iMac some seven-odd years ago, and I am very pleasantly surprised at how well she can do it. It's a fairly complex arcade-style game, and she can go through several levels.

I was able to put in all of my hours yesterday, and then some. I got an update for the firmware on the laser printer I've been working on, and I dedicated quite a bit of time to rewriting the driver. I sent the printer a beautiful picture of the sunrise at Laie Point.


The printer printed out a semi-colon. (sigh)

Anna spent the afternoon painting rocks. I never could quite figure out why, other than she had paint and rocks and time on her hands. I suppose that's good enough.

Alyssa asked for a bike ride, and I thought that was a good idea. We have a standard little course that we follow. It's two miles long. I'd like to get us into shape to do an 11 mile ride next month as part of the Parker County Peach Festival.

We'll see.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Canoe-Paddling Polynesian Guys

Lyme Disease Awareness: Kara's Story

Guavalicious Contest Rules