Do Over: First Day of Summer Break

While yesterday was technically the first day of summer, Kara's PICC line change took over and I didn't get a good sense of just what to expect with this summer schedule. (The change went well. I invested a total of 7.5 hours, what with travel time and waiting. The actual procedure took 10 minutes.)

So, today basically counts as a Do Over. Or, to misquote a saying that I don't like anyway, "Today is the second day of the rest of my life." Here's how it went down.

PBS was not coming in today. This was bad. I risked my life to climb the roof and scoot the antenna as far up as the cable would allow. Now all of the channels come in great, except for 8. We don't need that until AFV airs on Sunday.

Anna is taking a summer acting workshop camp thing at the local high school. This means Alyssa has three hours with which to get bored of the TV and ask me to take her to the park.

After lunch, I told the girls that they were going to have 90 minutes of quiet time. Anna bargained hard for only 60 minutes, but I stood my ground. They slept like logs for 120.

Before dinner, I managed to get Anna to do a couple of small jobs (under threat of severe pain and computer loss), and Alyssa only asked to go to the park a couple of dozen more times.

Instead I took them to the library, where we loaded up on books and videos for the rest of the week.

Now I get to try and put these little nappers to bed. Hopefully they will go to sleep in time for Kara and I to have a few minutes peace.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Canoe-Paddling Polynesian Guys

Lyme Disease Awareness: Kara's Story

Guavalicious Contest Rules