Mixed Blessings from the Sky

We've always had a television. However, for the past year or so, we haven't had any TV reception. Our rooftop antenna got beaten to death in a hail storm, and it was nice not to have the added distraction.

That all changed this week, as we got the DirecTV antenna attached to the side of our house activated and a receiver box installed. Now we get enough programming to fry the brains of a small city.

It's nice. But I'm scared.

Now, this is not to say that the girls haven't been watching TV during the last year. They have. But it's all been pre-recorded stuff. Anna has become an expert in all things Cosby Show, and regularly quotes from the various episodes.

And Alyssa has watched Toy Story 25,263 times. So there was a viewing problem even before we got the satellite turned back on.

My biggest fear now is that the annoyance factor is going to go through the roof. I don't worry about Anna picking inappropriate shows to watch - she's got a better eye for appropriateness than I do. But the shows she likes annoy the snark out of me - so much so that I'm tempted to block the Disney Channel.

Hopefully the kids won't suddenly turn into total TV zombies, and we won't have big, knock-down fights over viewing limits.

I'll keep you posted.

Comments

Jewel Allen said…
For the few Jazz games we watch during the year we tolerate our bad TV reception. I can't imagine how we'd find the time to watch anything else.

If we had direct TV I would feel compelled to watch more TV just to justify the cost.

*blocking the Disney channel* LOL

I would be most scared of the reality shows.
Kara said…
Wow! I've known you for over 19 years and I never knew you had a "snark." Amazing! Learn something new every day!

Popular posts from this blog

Canoe-Paddling Polynesian Guys

Lyme Disease Awareness: Kara's Story

Guavalicious Contest Rules