Mixed Blessing: The Kitties are Gone

Jezebel and her kittens are now residents of a nearby goat farm. Giving them away wasn't nearly as traumatic as it could have been. I don't think anyone even got watery eyes.

Except maybe me, but I'll blame that on having just finished mowing the lawn. Yeah, that's it. I'm sure I got some dust or grass pollen in my eyes.

The yard had grown very long with the cool rainy weather and the three weekends I was out of town, and vanity required me to cut it. I like to at least pretend to be a minimally competent groundskeeper when guests come to call.

After I put Jezy in the cat carrier with her kittens, she sat down and sulked. I felt like such a heel - here I'd worked so hard over the last few months to build her trust, and then I betrayed it.

Yes, I understand that it had to be this way and we were very fortunate to find someplace where the whole feline family could stick together. Still, I felt dirty.

So I went and bought some ice cream. Cherry vanilla always helps.

Comments

Cluttered Brain said…
OHHHH. I hope the ice cream helps.
Sending you good thoughts.
Anonymous said…
Aw, at least they all get to be together.
Serious Sam said…
Parting is such sweet sorrow.
But aren't you glad your kids were able to experience a litter of kittens? That's good stuff!
Ice cream can be very healing, I've often found.

Popular posts from this blog

Canoe-Paddling Polynesian Guys

Lyme Disease Awareness: Kara's Story

Guavalicious Contest Rules