- I went running today. Outside. It was nice. I ran a mile. My time (13+ minutes) was absolutely pathetic. But it felt good.
- I got the State Inspection done on the truck yesterday. This is significant, as the truck has sat in the driveway since the sticker expired last May. We just haven't had much need for a second car, and I didn't think it would pass with a cracked windshield, but fortunately it did.
- We will need a second car the week after next, so I can drive it to the airport. I will be going in to the home office in Utah for a week to work on a variety of projects.
- This trip to Utah coincides somewhat with Life, the Universe, and Everything: The Marion K. “Doc” Smith Symposium on Science Fiction and Fantasy at BYU. Since it's free, I'll slip into a couple of the Saturday morning workshops before heading back home.
- Today we got our replacement Wii Sports disc. Alyssa is even cuter at bowling now than she was last year when the scratches finally took Wii Sports out of the rotation.
- I got a few dollars back from our electric company, and decided to spend it frivolously. We now own Cookin' Mama for the Wii. It came today, too.
- I found out that Hormel Natural Choice sliced meats has uncured, preservative-free pepperoni, so tonight, for the first time, we'll be making pepperoni pizza for family pizza night. I can't wait.
Friday, February 6, 2009
On The Road Again
It seems like there's nothing to blog about for a long time, and then all of a sudden everything happens at once. Here are a few bloggy tidbits from the last few days: