Merry Christmas

Despite some last minute scrambling and tossing nearly every tradition out the window this year, we have managed to pull together a pretty good Christmas anyway.

We decided not to have Kara come home for Christmas, so the girls and I made plans to spend Christmas at the condos in Dallas with her. We were unsure just how to fit the tree and presents into her room, especially with all of the accompanying smells - take a good wiff of that wrapping paper; it's got some punch to it.

The solution was getting permission to use a room that is temporarily empty. I drove home in the truck yesterday to finish my wrapping duties and pick up the tree. It's not a tall tree, and with the top removed it fit into the back of the truck intact.

Anna had made a bunch of origami ornaments for the tree, and the girls and Kara redecorated it. They then helped me put all of the presents under the tree (except for the ones Santa brought later that night).

This arrangement worked out very well, because with the girls in a completely different unit Santa was able to do his visit well before midnight. And with the "out of sight, out of mind" phenomenon in full swing, it was nearly 10:00 before we finally started ripping paper.

Santa was kind to us this year, as were the grandparents. Here's a brief smattering of the loot:

Alyssa got a minivan for her doll house. Always a back seat driver, Anna helped out.

Anna got Deal or No Deal, which she taught Kara how to play.

I got a polished ammonite and an airplane ornament (we have the whole set).

There were quite a few other good things under the tree, but I won't bore you with the details. I will simply say that we had a good Christmas day, and hope you and yours enjoyed the same.

Comments

Tristi Pinkston said…
You know, it never occurred to me that wrapping paper had a smell. I guess it does, though, now that I think about it.

I'm glad you were able to find a way to make it all work. You're seriously creative to come up with all this.

Popular posts from this blog

Canoe-Paddling Polynesian Guys

Lyme Disease Awareness: Kara's Story

Guavalicious Contest Rules