Carey-oke

Our TV's broken. Actually, the TV itself is OK, but the antenna got beat to pieces in last spring's hail storm. And since it never really worked all that well anyway, I didn't bother to replace it. Back then, I didn't have time for TV, and now that Kara's well I've chosen to spend my time doing other things.

Unfortunately, our lack of broadcast television hasn't translated into quite as much quality family time as one would think. Lately the girls and Kara have watched two or three episodes a night of the old Cosby show on DVD.

Now, let me tell you something. We only have 5 seasons, so watching several episodes a night soon turns into watching reruns of reruns.

I knew we could do better.

Last night I got out a puzzle. 500 pieces of kitties in a tree. Kara said "So you think we're going to get this whole thing done tonight?"

"Sure!" I said.

We got the border put together, and then it was time for bed.

Tonight, I had a little more success. Years ago, we got a karaoke machine for Christmas. We used it a few times, but that was it.

Then a couple of years ago I got some karaoke CD+G discs on close-out at Target. These are the ones that show the words on the screen. But we didn't ever use them until tonight.

I must say, I'm quite impressed. Everyone sang, and sang pretty well. Even Alyssa put the mike to her lips and did her best.

I'm quite proud to point out that Anna knew most of the songs from the '80s disc. I have taught her well. (Kudo's to the first person who can name that tune...)

In all, we had a fun night, didn't watch any Cosby, and will likely be a bit hoarse in the morning.

Comments

Jewel Allen said…
My kids, who are normally quite shy, love karaoke. It's been the best thing to bring them out of their shell. And I love that they love it, coz then I can sing my heart out! :-)

Popular posts from this blog

Canoe-Paddling Polynesian Guys

Lyme Disease Awareness: Kara's Story

Guavalicious Contest Rules