Driving the Utah Leg

Our trip got off to a delayed start yesterday, thanks to a couple of jars of spoiled ostrich. A very penitent husband quickly ran to the store (did you know you could buy ostrich at the store?) and the whole affair only put us back an hour.

I had hoped to make a few recreational stops along the way, but being under a time crunch we kept up a more aggressive pace. Fortunately the on-the-road entertainment was functional.

I made the girls pause and look up at some of the more interesting rock formations.

The fat one seems to be making a rude gesture at us.

I tried to take a picture of Kara drinking her bok-choi puree, but she ended up laughing so hard I was afraid she would crash, spreading us all over the Four Corners.

The girls and I are staying in Lehi with my mom, and Kara is at a friend's house in Park City. It should be a couple of interesting weeks.

Comments

Unknown said…
Boy, do I know those rock formations. I pass them every time I go to visit my mother.
Hey! I've seen those rock formations! We went to 4 Corners last year. Four girls kept running around the marker, chanting, "I'm in Utah, I'm in Arizona, I'm in New Mexico, I'm in Colorado, I'm in Utah..." It was chancy to get a picture on the marker with them whirling around like that, but we managed. I went home with some fun Indian jewelry, too!
I think everyone should go there once in their life... but just once. That's all it takes.
Tristi Pinkston said…
No, I did not know you could buy ostrich at the store. Nor did I know you could puree bok choy. Learn something new every day! :)
Annette Lyon said…
So . . . tag! Didn't know which blog you'd want to do it on--thought maybe this one, since it's certainly not a writing-related one.

Popular posts from this blog

Canoe-Paddling Polynesian Guys

Lyme Disease Awareness: Kara's Story

Guavalicious Contest Rules