Serious whining to follow. You've been warned.
1. The IRS says we owe $1,800 taxes on a 401k we cashed out to pay for medical bills. The bills span multiple years, and nobody seems to know how to get the paperwork right. I tried to get it resolved today, but the helpers I talked to were clueless. It looks like we'll have to pay so we don't get penalized further, then try and find a tax attorney to help.
2. CIGNA has decided today to stop paying on Kara's treatment. $18,000 worth of claims (for services we paid for out of pocket) have been denied. I have another $10,000 worth that we haven't even submitted. So we'll be looking for a medical claims attorney as well. (They can help us with the $25,000 Aetna refused to pay last year.)
3. I tried to vent my frustrations at the above two issues by giving my Mii an angry face and doing some Wii boxing. I lost points every time.
4. I burned dinner. Well, OK. Not totally burned, but the bottom of the pizza crust was pretty brown.
5. I knocked out power to the office when I tried to run my space heater and a laser printer at the same time.
But there were some good things, too.
1. I didn't punch any walls or throw anything glass. I threw a box of cereal, but it didn't hit anything.
2. Having lost all desire to do any work around the house, I completely ignored my chores and played Wii with the girls all evening. I totally toasted Anna's cookies.
3. The cat came back. He wasn't in his bed in the garage this morning, which surprised me because there was a bit of an ice storm going on outside. He was gone all day, and I was starting to get worried.
4. The chocolate chip cookies turned out next to perfect.
5. I have a blog where I can vent my frustrations.