60 Pumpkin Pancakes


This morning I decided to make pancakes for breakfast. I was awakened earlier than I wanted to be, and couldn't go back to sleep, so I had the time. Also, the kitchen needed some serious attention, and pancake making goes well with dish washing, what with all the waiting between flips and such.

So I looked through the pancake recipes, and came across one for pumpkin pancakes that I synthesized a few years ago. I decided to go with that one, as it would give me an excuse to open one of my bottles of butternut - just to see how it turned out.

The recipe called for 8 oz of pumpkin, but I got 12 oz from the jar (one pint minus an inch of headspace). No problem - multiply everything by 1.5.

The recipe makes a lot it is - increasing it by 50% gave me a total of 5 dozen pancakes.

We ate one dozen this morning, and there are now eight packs of frozen pancakes, ready to go for a weekday breakfast.


Pumpkin pancakes

1 cup pumpkin
4 eggs
2 cups milk
1/4 cup applesauce
2 T brown sugar
2 1/2 cups flour
4 t baking powder
1 t salt
1/2 t cinnamon
1/2 t nutmeg
1/2 t ginger

Comments

Tristi Pinkston said…
I love having food set aside in the freezer -- it makes things so much easier later on.

How are things today, Don?
Josi said…
Ooooo, I love pumpkin pancakes but the only recipe I had was using pancake mix, which I don't like to use if I can avoid it. Thank to you I can! Awesome.
Don said…
Josi - glad I could help. This is a really good recipe.

Tristi - thanks for asking. Things have been better, but I'm trying to keep everyone moving in the right direction.

Being able to serve up frozen pancakes for breakfast tomorrow will help.

Popular posts from this blog

Canoe-Paddling Polynesian Guys

Lyme Disease Awareness: Kara's Story

Guavalicious Contest Rules