Back to School!

We survived the back to school adventure today! Anna's bus comes earlier this year, so she set her alarm for 5:55. She got right up, got dressed, then realized that breakfast wasn't for another 10 minutes and went back to bed. Alyssa got right up this morning, too.

Both girls were excited to ride the bus today, although Anna was the only one at her bus stop this morning. Last year the lady across the street walked down to the bus stop with her son and dog, so I felt comfortable letting Anna just go down by herself, although I would take the time to work in the garage where I could see her. I think the boy is now in middle school, though, so I may need to plan a few extra bus stop minutes.

We missed "Meet the Teacher" day because of our vacation, but Anna says her teacher is nice and it doesn't sound like she'll get too much "extra" homework.

Alyssa's Functional Academics teacher is new to her this year, although we know her quite well from last year. I put Alyssa on the bus, then drove to the school to take her supplies and meet her 3rd grade teacher. I got there right as the bus did. I thought that maybe I just should have taken her, but she loves riding the bus so much I couldn't really deny her that opportunity.

The homework tonight was brutal, and took me nearly 45 minutes to complete. The girls didn't have any for themselves, but they brought home dozens of papers for me to fill out and sign.

Now hopefully the excitement that got us through this morning will be around for a few more days.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Canoe-Paddling Polynesian Guys

Lyme Disease Awareness: Kara's Story

Guavalicious Contest Rules