Swine Flu? Let's Hope Not

I was a little concerned when I found that Anna was staying home from school Monday with a fever, sore throat, and cough. As much as she complains about school, she hasn't missed a day so far this year, so I knew if she was staying home she really needed to.

She seemed to be doing better on Tuesday, and talked about going to school when she woke up. But apparently the effort of taking a shower convinced her that she could use another day to convalesce. Hooray, and 'whew' she was feeling well enough to go to school today.

Alyssa, on the other hand, stayed home. Sore throat, upset tummy. And Kara was feeling about the same. Yikes!

Meanwhile, I'm still in the office working hard. The first two days I had to improvise a bit, because IT was trying to figure out how to get rid of a nasty virus. Today was spent rebuilding my system, because wiping it clean was the ultimate answer.

Now I have two and a half days to get a week's worth of work done, and I might - might - be flying to San Diego on Friday to work directly with a printer that's giving us some grief. I won't find out until tomorrow. Talk about last minute.

Comments

Josi said…
Oh yikes, being in Texas and all would certainly put you on high alert--good luck on the drive home, I'm sure you're anxious to get back. Love the new background, BTW :-)

Popular posts from this blog

Canoe-Paddling Polynesian Guys

Lyme Disease Awareness: Kara's Story

Guavalicious Contest Rules