Monday, April 13, 2009

Our Easter Adventure

Easter at the Carey house started out with a big, noisy thunderstorm in the middle of the night. I'm pretty sure it went right over our house - it was loud.

I believe it was all this noise that prompted Alyssa to get up at 3:30, ready to go hunt her eggs. Anna awoke and noticed Alyssa was not in bed, and all of the lights were on in the house. Fortunately, Anna was able to get Alyssa back to bed without involving Kara and I. Thanks, Anna!

It was 6:50 when Alyssa finally made her way through our bedroom door, and when Anna got out of the shower at 7:00, the egg hunt commenced.

The Easter Bunny had a bit of a challenge filling the plastic eggs with candy at our house, as food colors have long been forbidden and Anna has recently been breaking out in a rash from chocolate. This rather limited our options.

I found some jelly beans and gum drops at Whole Foods that were colored with fruit juice, and also found some yogurt malt balls, which were a big hit.

Alyssa actually eats boiled eggs. Anna, not so much.

Once the egg hunt was done, Alyssa promptly fell asleep on the couch. That's her specialty lately - wake everyone up, then go back to sleep.

Last night we had the opportunity to Skype the cousins in Utah. That was a lot of fun. It's great to have the technology available to keep in touch that way. We spent nearly an hour talking to everyone and getting caught up.

Then last night, Alyssa woke us up coughing. It took a over an hour to finally get her quieted down, and not before she coughed enough to throw up a couple of times. So yeah, my sleep level is not particularly good at the moment.

Perhaps I should prop myself up with some of the chocolate that didn't make it into the plastic eggs. Hmmmm....


Marcia Mickelson said...

Yikes. Sorry for the lack of sleep. At least you had some good points in your weekend.

Kim Jones said...

chocolate is always a good solution, no matter the problem! :) hope you are catching up on your sleep!