Triiodothyronine and Thyroxine

I've decided to name the main characters in my novel Triiodothyronine and Thyroxine. What do you think?

No, just kidding.

These are thyroid hormones known as T3 and T4, and the blood work I had done on Monday showed that I was pretty much running on empty where these guys are concerned. This goes a long way towards explaining the increasing fatigue I've felt since February. It's been a while since I've had any blood work done, so I don't really know how long they've been low.

The doctor has me on a hypothyroid medication, and it seems to be helping. Yesterday was the first day in a long time that I haven't been propped up with some kind of caffeine. I felt mentally alert, but physically drained - probably due to the antibiotics I'm on.

Also, Kara started me on green smoothies, which are about half fruit half leafy veggies. I've been drinking them for breakfast. They taste pretty good, as long as I drink with my eyes closed.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Canoe-Paddling Polynesian Guys

Lyme Disease Awareness: Kara's Story

Guavalicious Contest Rules