Pizza Night With A Twist

Well, pizza night with a fold, actually.

Last week I decided to do something different for our Friday night feast, and made calzones instead of pizza. I started by making the regular pizza dough, then divided it into two, rolled it out, and covered half of the dough with a mixture of ham, cheese, and sausage.

Then I folded over the dough and sealed the edges. I wanted to make sure nothing leaked out the edges, so kind of went a little overboard with the thickness of the seam. Next time I'll spread the filling closer to the edge.

Baked up to perfection - yum. Probably 25 minutes - I forget exactly.

Then I cut the calzones and served with a pizza dipping sauce (one can of tomato sauce and about a half tablespoon each of garlic powder, onion powder, basil, and oregano).

And root beer, of course. Friday night is also soda night at our house.

I took the second calzone and popped it in the freezer, along with the left-over sauce. Now we have an emergency freezer meal. Woohoo!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Canoe-Paddling Polynesian Guys

Lyme Disease Awareness: Kara's Story

Guavalicious Contest Rules