School Supply Shopping, Part 1

We are now days away from the new school year, so shopping for school supplies has become a necessity. Based on last year's experience, I knew that I did not want to take both girls at the same time. No way!

Fortunately, tonight Anna has a sleepover at a friend's house, so it was the perfect opportunity to get our fifth-grader stocked up.

We headed out to Wal-Mart, and discovered very quickly that the big blue cardboard bins they set up in the aisle and filled with school supplies were no longer full. In fact, most of them were empty. For every item we found on our list, there were two we didn't find.

Fortunately, I know that there are other places in the store where school and office supplies can be found, so after a little bit of investigating and a few creative substitutions we were able to get all but two things on our list. One item we still need to get is a pack of red pens. The other item is something that, based on the description, I have no idea what it is. But I think it has grommets.

I promised Alyssa a trip to the park if she was good at the store, and fortunately there was just enough twilight left for a quick turn on the swings and slides before heading home.

School Supply Shopping, Part 2 comes on Saturday. Last year, Anna had a near meltdown every time I suggested even the slightest deviation from the list, so I'm steeling myself for a real adventure. Stay tuned.

Comments

Kara said…
So happy all went smoothly with Alyssa. Anna, well, she IS a year older so maybe a little maturity will help. :-)
Josi said…
You guys are so good--I don't shop for supplies until after the first day of school--otherwise I end up with too much stuff they don't actually need. The downside, is that waiting gives me that much longer to dread it.

Popular posts from this blog

Canoe-Paddling Polynesian Guys

Lyme Disease Awareness: Kara's Story

Guavalicious Contest Rules