Trip Prep - It Just Might Happen


I have two goals for the immediate future: Sleep 8 hours tonight, and leave home by 5:30 tomorrow morning.

Difficult? Yes. But hopefully not impossible.

If I succeed, I will credit careful planning and children who were finally old enough to help.

If I fail, I'll blame children who were old enough to help, but didn't.

We have a growing collection of boxes and bags that are ready to load in the van, and I expect that collection to double by dinner time. If my careful planning comes to fruition, the van will be completely loaded (except for the coolers) by our 9:00 bedtime. Then in the morning we just shower, dress, fill the coolers, warm the breakfast burritos, clamber into the van, pray for safety, and depart for the Great Summer Road Trip - all within thirty minutes.

It could happen.

Realistically, I'll be fine if we don't leave until 6:00. And I'll survive, even if I don't get to bed until ten. But tomorrow's leg involves 13 1/2 hours of driving time, plus five stretch-and-pee stops. It's gotta start early, and I'll need to be rested.

And maybe a couple of Dr. Peppers will help.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Canoe-Paddling Polynesian Guys

Lyme Disease Awareness: Kara's Story

Guavalicious Contest Rules