I'm an Advanced Reader

I finally received my Advanced Reader Copy of James Dashner's The 13th Reality - The Journal of Curious Letters.

First of all, let me just say that I am very honored to have the esteemed Mr. Dashner recognize my accomplishments as an Advanced Reader in this way. Thank you.

When I first learned this book was coming to me, I immediately made plans to insert it into the bedtime story rotation. However, the girls and I are currently trying to discover the identity of the Half-Blood Prince, after which we will need to learn about the Deathly Hallows. By that time, the book will have been officially released - and what's the point of getting an early copy of a book if you don't read it before everyone else gets the chance?

So I have made the executive decision to shelve the book I'm currently slogging through, and begin reading about Atticus Higginbottom on my own.

It's commonly accepted in the publishing world that you can learn everything you need to know about a book from the first three pages, and having read those three pages already I can tell this one is going to be good. The two characters I've met so far have been well written and will, I believe, be very fun to voice out loud.

Finding time to read (other than to the girls at bedtime) has been rather difficult lately, but this book comes with a built-in deadline - I need to finish by March 13th. After that, The 13th Reality will be unleashed on the world, and I will lose the coveted pre-release "neener neener" ability.

Comments

Tristi Pinkston said…
Not to give anything away, but you will really like it.
Autumn Ables said…
I'm green with jealosy. And agree with you that it's such an honor to get an ARC!

When Dashner comes to Phoenix, actually Mesa, I plan on going to his book signing. This series looks awesome! I can't wait to read this with my two oldest sons.

Popular posts from this blog

Canoe-Paddling Polynesian Guys

Lyme Disease Awareness: Kara's Story

Guavalicious Contest Rules