Alyssa and the Pool Boy

Part of our busy summer is to have Alyssa take swimming lessons. Alyssa has a love/terror relationship with the water, and we'd like to try and fix that.

A family across town offers lessons in their pool, and one of their options is five days of one-on-one instruction for a very good price. We signed up.

Here's Alyssa with James after her first lesson.

His main goal for the day was to get her to put her face in the water.

Her main goal for the day was to keep her face out of the water. Same thing today. Maybe tomorrow.

She is enjoying it, though, and I'm picking up some good games I can use with her to help her in the future as well.

Comments

Jana said…
Keep up the good work Alyssa! I can totally relate. I still hate getting my face wet. I didn't stick my head underwater for the first time until I was 8 - when I was baptized.

Popular posts from this blog

Canoe-Paddling Polynesian Guys

Lyme Disease Awareness: Kara's Story

Guavalicious Contest Rules