- Alyssa has signed up for the school's Running Club. The group meets together after school on Tuesdays and Thursdays to run. The goal of club members is to participate in the Cowtown Marathon's Kids 5K on February 27th. We did this race two years ago, and I ended up carrying Alyssa the last half of the course. I let her know that I would NOT be carrying her this year.
- In preparation for the race, Alyssa got new shoes yesterday. These are the first tennis shoes in forever that don't have a cartoon character on them. (Okay, technically her last shoes had Hannah Montana on them, but I'm lumping her in with Dora and Tinkerbell.)
- Anna's latest thing is on-line role playing, where she and a group of friends take turns writing a story, with each person writing a different character.
- Kara has been a baking fiend, making a ton of different kinds of cookies. Mmm - yum.
- My job is going well. I enjoy it, and they seem to appreciate the work I do. I guess that's what it's all about.
- I've lost five pounds so far this month, thanks to (mostly) sticking to my diet and exercising three times a week with EA Sports Active for the
- I expect to have some news concerning my book in the next week or two. Stay tuned!
Sunday, January 24, 2010
Weekly Roundup 1/24/10
Here we go - the first in hopefully a long line of weekly round-up posts.