Weekly Roundup 1/24/10

Here we go - the first in hopefully a long line of weekly round-up posts.
  • Alyssa has signed up for the school's Running Club. The group meets together after school on Tuesdays and Thursdays to run. The goal of club members is to participate in the Cowtown Marathon's Kids 5K on February 27th. We did this race two years ago, and I ended up carrying Alyssa the last half of the course. I let her know that I would NOT be carrying her this year.
  • In preparation for the race, Alyssa got new shoes yesterday. These are the first tennis shoes in forever that don't have a cartoon character on them. (Okay, technically her last shoes had Hannah Montana on them, but I'm lumping her in with Dora and Tinkerbell.)
  • Anna's latest thing is on-line role playing, where she and a group of friends take turns writing a story, with each person writing a different character.
  • Kara has been a baking fiend, making a ton of different kinds of cookies. Mmm - yum.
  • My job is going well. I enjoy it, and they seem to appreciate the work I do. I guess that's what it's all about.
  • I've lost five pounds so far this month, thanks to (mostly) sticking to my diet and exercising three times a week with EA Sports Active for the Wii. Woo-hoo!
  • I expect to have some news concerning my book in the next week or two. Stay tuned!
So there it is - the first Weekly Roundup. Maybe I'll end these posts with a funny picture from somewhere around the internet . Something like this:


Comments

Cluttered Brain said…
Cute picture! I guess its true, comfort is ALL a matter of perspective...lol. that cat don't look comfy to me. :)

Cookies. YUM. That sounds so good.
Jana said…
What great activities for your girls to be involved in!
I too am a big fan of radiators and you'll frequently find me these days sitting with my back against one, pure bliss.

Popular posts from this blog

Canoe-Paddling Polynesian Guys

Lyme Disease Awareness: Kara's Story

Guavalicious Contest Rules