Is It Monday Yet?

Oh, my goodness. What. A. Weekend.

In a good way, of course.

Thanksgiving Weekend 2009 is winding to a close, and I am thoroughly exhausted. So much so that the thought of sitting on my bum all week writing computer code sounds like a bit of a vacation.

Kara, the girls, and I had a nice dinner here at home. A few weeks ago, we'd talked about taking a trip down to SeaWorld, but decided that would be just a bit too much, and would probably throw us off for the rest of the weekend.

Kara makes a wicked good turkey, and together we made our traditional honey pumpkin pie. (If there's enough interest, I'll have her post recipes.) I also made our famous eggnog ice cream (pour one quart eggnog into an ice cream freezer and say 'go.' That's it!) and baked a key lime pie recipe for my friend Josi (she writes culinary mysteries, and I'm lucky enough to be part of her test kitchen).

The girls helped quite a bit with making the other side dishes, which made the day fun. It was busy, but we spent some good, quality family time and had a great meal.

The rest of the weekend was work! The lawn got mowed, the bushes trimmed, Christmas lights were hung, shopping done (Christmas and grocery). We also had a family movie night and a family game night, and got a jump on our indoor Christmas decorating. The tree isn't up, but a bunch of other stuff is.

And this year, Alyssa and I decided to do a gingerbread house. This house is going to be a little different, as we're making one that will fit under our covered cake plate. This will keep the gingerbread smell from adding to allergy load, while keeping the candy and cookies free from dust. We got the dough made tonight, as well as a cardboard mock-up of the house so it will fit under the cake plate.

Watch this space for more details and photos as the project progresses, as well as the many back posts I need to write to catch you up on the significant events in our lives. I have at least three other topics listed in my notebook that are way past due!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Canoe-Paddling Polynesian Guys

Lyme Disease Awareness: Kara's Story

Guavalicious Contest Rules