How I Spent My Independence Day Weekend

Greetings, all. We're still here, hiding out from the heat in our little corner of Texas.

We've been enjoying a quiet, low-key three day weekend. Yesterday, I started out by mowing half of the back yard. I got started too late to finish before the weather became scary hot, and halfway seemed a good stopping point.

I did a little shopping at Wal-Mart. Nothing like Wal-Mart on the day before a major holiday.

Later in the day, Anna and I took Duchess to the vet. She's had some drainage from her eyes, and yesterday she traded her poopy pellets for a full-blown case of the runs. Fortunately, the doctor said she was fine - the eye drainage was probably just a cold that will run its course, and the poops were from the extra helpings of parsley she's been getting.

Anna wondered why she had to go with me to the vet. I explained that it was her piggie, and I'd be darned if I was going to leave her at home playing computer games while I drove a sick guinea pig twenty minutes to the animal hospita..

Last night the girls and I went to one of Alyssa's friend's house. They have a pool, and we swam - a lot - and had a great barbecue. It was really a lot of fun. But then Alyssa screamed and cried clear through her shower afterwards. Not so much fun after all.

Today I finished the lawn, and we made cupcakes. I put too much batter in the cups, and they came out looking like mushrooms. But they are tasty mushrooms.

I didn't work on my new book yesterday, but today I sqeezed in enough time to write 1,500 words. My goal is to write 1,000 words a day during the month of July.

No news on the old book. I don't expect to hear anything until September. Publishing is a slow buisiness.

Alyssa and I went to the park, despite the heat. We took cold water. It helped.

I've just been asked to break up a fight in the girls' room. They're supposed to be folding laundry.

Tonight we continue the classic movie indoctrination program with the Oscar-winning hit, Rocky.

I wonder how Anna will do with a movie about boxing? Could be interesting.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Canoe-Paddling Polynesian Guys

Lyme Disease Awareness: Kara's Story

Guavalicious Contest Rules