Carly's New Job

These past two weeks, I've felt better than I have in months; possibly even years. I think it's a combination of things:
  • Kara's home and doing well
  • The girls are back in school and we're all on a working routine
  • I've been on antibiotics for three months to treat the Lyme
  • I've been off antibiotics for a couple of weeks, giving my body a break.
With my new-found energy and consistency, I've been able to exercise more in the last two weeks than the previous two years put together, and it's been great. I've been running and biking and Wii Fitting, and hopefully making a dent in the 25 new pounds that have made my waistline their home.

Since we sold the car and bought the van and Kara's been at home, we've been kind of a one-car family, and Kara's GPS has been the one we've used, leaving Carly to sit in a bag, waiting for me to take a work trip or something.

The other day, I had a flash of inspiration and took Carly with me on my morning jog. It was great to know exactly how far and how fast I had run. The actual numbers weren't all that great, but having them was superb.

I then decided to try and hook Carly to my bike. You can buy a bike mount for less than $20, but at the moment $20 is big money, so I decided to try a different approach.

With part of the car mount strapped to the handlebar neck using zip ties, Carly can come with me on my bike rides and tell me just how much room I still have for improvement.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Canoe-Paddling Polynesian Guys

Lyme Disease Awareness: Kara's Story

Guavalicious Contest Rules